The clock tower :
Built in 1824, it replaces the one of the 17th century which was built over the Town Hall because the population requested to have the official hour.
It was destroyed in 1811 because it threatened houses and couldn’t ring more than 19 strokes!
Fountains and oratories :
On the Place de la Libération is the mossy fountain. The first fountain leaked and caused patches of black ice during winter in all bottom of the street. The fountain current date back to the 1830s.
By approaching closer, we can see the “heads” of lions.
The castle of the Glandevès :
Nowadays it’s a private property. When in 1509 it was decided to move the village, it was also necessary to move the castle.
The current castle belonged to the Lords of Cuges, the Glandevès.
On March 11th, 1509: the inhabitants are authorized by Lord Antoine of Glandevès to settle down near its fertile lands, around the new castle. All the materials from the former housing are then taken back.
16th century: the heart of the village reconstructed around the castle of Glandevès, situation which remained the same until our days although the village developped farther in the plain.