Fontaine Maison Facade Orange Saint Zacharie Oti AubagneFontaine Maison Facade Orange Saint Zacharie Oti Aubagne
©Fontaine Maison Facade Orange Saint Zacharie Oti Aubagne|JPVallorani


The Refreshing

The “Sixteen Foutains Village”

Saint Jean-Baptiste Church

Registered on the additional inventory of Historic monuments, the 1st part dates back to the 11th century. It shelters the relic ”Lou San Sabatoun” (saint shoe of the Virgo) as well as the altarpieces of St Eloy and the Marriage of the Virgo and an altar grave gilded in “bronzine“.

Saint Clair chapel (XVIème siècle)

The Penitent chapel (registered on the additional inventory of Historic monuments) 1844:  woodwork of the choir, the stalls, the preaching pulpit, gallery with balustrade …

The sicteen fountains

Saint-Zacharie is rightfully called the “the sixteen fountains village”.
These are supplied with water from springs and decorate the public squares.
Most of these fountains were built in the middle of the 19th century.

The oratories

A dozen of oratories are located on a north-west / south-east axis.

Le lavoir

Les lavandières de Saint-Zacharie s’y retrouvaient régulièrement pour laver leur linge et bavarder entre elles, pendant que les enfants jouaient au bord de l’Huveaune.

The Pottery Kilns

Relaunched at the beginning of the 17th century, by potters coming from Moustiers, the ceramic industry of Saint-Zacharie played a leading role until the 19th century in the supply of South and, beyond, colonies. The most spectacular testimony is even currently the 4 ovens with direct flame of huge size (between 5.20m and 5.80 m of height, approximately 7 m wide and 8.65m long), these buildings are of very simple internal structure. A single cooking room above hearths is built in lined rubble stones with widely clattered bricks.

« Au Levant et Midi, la rivière Huveaune,
Au Couchant, le Réal de Savard,
Au Nord, la montagne par-dessus l’église »

” In the East and South, the Huveaune–river, at sunset, the Réal de Savard, in the North, the mountain above the church “
This is the way a document dated August 25th, 1764, sent to Lord of Lorraine, identifies the limits of Saint-Zacharie.


au cœur du village